The Institute of Health Equity (IHE) has developed an approach to interventions to improve public health through the social determinants of health (SDH).The approach and accompanying analysis are currently out for consultation.
Intervening in the social determinants of health to improve priority public health conditions and reduce health inequalities
Draft - For consultation
Available online PDF [40p.] at: http://bit.ly/IJDaDv
The approach presented here demonstrates and provides rationale for a social determinants of health (SDH) approach to prevention of priority public health conditions (PPHCs) – specifically alcohol misuse, obesity and smoking.
It also provides evidence and exemplars of interventions which have been developed at local level.
- The need for a SDH approach
- The approach: developing interventions that address the SDH
- Alcohol misuse
- Case studies
- Issue arising from the approach
- Developing locally appropriate interventions
- Prioritising and selecting interventions
- Delivering interventions
- Monitoring and indicators
9. Appendix 1: The SDH and proportionate universalism
10. Appendix 2: SDH Glossary
11. Appendix 3: Case Studies and Indicators
List of Case Studies (Section 11 of the Report) http://bit.ly/InUB08
|< Prev||Next >|