We are all committed to ensuring families get the best health care where and when they need it, while ensuring all Ontarians get better value for their health dollars. What role does equity play in planning for positive policy change?
Please join us in Toronto on May 28th, 2012 for the full day HEIA Equity Forum which will bring together diverse, cross-sectoral stakeholders for a dialogue about ways we can reduce health inequities by improving quality through system-level innovation to reduce health inequities.
Discussion will include practical ways to develop better evidence and share lessons learned and best practices.
The Forum will profile dynamic speakers from Canada who will address the role of health equity in program and policy development, particularly during current economic times. Scheduled speakers include:
- Dr. Adalsteinn (Steini) D. Brown, Associate Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto;
- Dr. Ivy Bourgeault, Scientific Director, Population Health Improvement Research Network;
- Dr. Janet Smylie, Keenan Research Centre, St Michael's Hospital;
- Dr. Kwame McKenzie, Senior Scientist, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health;
- Dr. Pat O'Campo, Centre for Research in Inner City Health, St. Michael's Hospital; and
- Dr. Bob Gardner, Director, Policy, Wellesley Institute.
The Forum will include:
- interactive workshops,
- lessons learned from the role out of the HEIA and
- the launch of the new Public Health Supplement.
For more information and to register for the forum please visit: 2012heiaforum.eventbrite.com
|< Prev||Next >|