The ACHIEVE Research Partnership: "Action for Health Equity Interventions"
Centre for Research on Inner City Health
St. Michael's Hospital - Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Submission Deadline: February 13, 2012
".....We are motivated by the CIHR's goal to produce the next generation of "creative agents for change," and by the Institute of Population and Public Health's call for interventions research, defined as "the use of scientific methods to produce knowledge about policy and program interventions that operate within or outside of the health sector and have the potential to impact health at the population level."
ACHIEVE will be explicit in promoting a community of practice and a philosophy of engaged scholarship, which the Big Ten universities has recently endorsed as the partnership of university knowledge and resources with those of the public and private sectors to enrich scholarship, research, and creative activity; enhance curriculum, teaching, and learning; prepare educated, engaged citizens; strengthen democratic values and civic responsibility; address critical societal issues; and contribute to the public good.
ACHIEVE will offer an intensive 24 month, collaborative curriculum for new researchers to develop the following competencies that are typically unavailable through traditional graduate training, yet necessary for closing the gap between *measuring *urban health disparities and *reducing*them...." From Carles Muntaner
- PhD completed within the past 3 years OR Health professional degree + Master's level degree (Master's degree completed within the past three years)
- 2 year term: September, 2012 – August, 2014
- Stipend: Based on CIHR guidelines for qualified candidates
- Fellows are required to complete all training program components within the two years
- 3-5 Fellows may be accepted for the 2012-2014 term
- Fellows are required to work onsite in Toronto, Canada
Deadline to apply: February 13, 2012
Decision announcements: May, 2012
|< Prev||Next >|