Dalhousie University, Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada
The Atlantic Health Promotion Research Centre (www.ahprc.dal.ca) at Dalhousie University (www.dal.ca) is seeking a postdoctoral research fellow with training in addictions and harm reduction. AHPRC is a leading interdisciplinary centre of excellence for population health and prevention research that informs policies and programs aimed at improving the health of Canadians. We offer a high quality, interactive training environment as well as the support and resources for fellows to develop competencies in population health research.
The fellow will be integrated into all aspects of the research process and will obtain 'hands on' experience in participatory research methods gaining a critical perspective on addictions research. Fellows will be mentored by a research team composed of Dr. Lois Jackson (principal supervisor), Drs. Jacqueline Gahagan and Jeff Karabanow, researchers in the Faculty of Health Professions, Dalhousie University.
Under the mentorship of the research team, the postdoctoral research fellow will be expected to:
- Lead or co-lead the development of a research proposal addressing a key issue in drug use and harm reduction.
- Lead the preparation of a research ethics application
- Organize, facilitate and attend a research program workshop(s)
- Deliver three or more research presentations at a scientific conference(s), seminar(s) and graduate class(es)
- Analyze research data and write up research results in suitable formats (peer reviewed journal article, policy brief, etc.)
- Assist with the development of, and participate in, a webinar to disseminate research findings
Fellows should have:
- completed a PhD in a health or social sciences discipline;
- have a strong research background; and
- the ability to work as part of a collaborative multi-disciplinary team.
Funding for this 18 month postdoctoral research fellowship has been secured through the Nova Scotia Health Research Foundation's Scotia Support Research Program.
Interested applicants should submit a CV, a cover letter outlining research interests, and contact information for 3 references to:
Atlantic Health Promotion Research Centre,
Dalhousie University, Suite 209 City Centre Atlantic,
1535 Dresden Row,
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Fax: (902) 494-3594 ;
Dalhousie University is an Employment Equity/Affirmative Action employer. The University encourages applications from qualified Aboriginal peoples, persons with a disability, racially visible persons and women. For more information, visit the Employment Equity web site at www.employmentequity.dal.ca
|< Prev||Next >|