Loyer-Dasilva Chair in Community Health Nursing
The School of Nursing within the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Ottawa is seeking candidates for an endowed Chair in community health nursing.
- PhD in Nursing;
- Experience teaching in a university setting;
- A proven track record in research and peer-reviewed publications;
- A multidisciplinary background is an asset;
- Research experience/expertise with vulnerable or marginalized populations;
- Ability to teach in French and English is an asset.
- Conduct and lead a program of funded Community health nursing research;
- Supervise students at the Master’s and Doctoral level;
- Teach in the School of Nursing;
- Facilitate communication, dissemination and knowledge transfer to support the uptake of nursing research in Community health nursing;
- Promote education about Community health nursing.
The endowed Chair in Community health nursing provides an opportunity to create new approaches to community health and education, and contribute to the development of nurse researchers and scientists in Community health nursing. Through his/her academic appointment in the University, the Chair will improve the depth and breadth of the educational experience for nursing students and community health nurses by developing joint educational efforts that help to close the gap between nursing academicians and clinicians. The Chair will supervise students at graduate (Master’s and doctoral) levels in Nursing and supervise post-doctoral research fellows conducting research in community health nursing.
To be filled as of January 1st, 2012
Rank and Salary
Tenure track professorial appointment at Assistant, Associate or Full Professor rank. Determined by the candidate’s qualifications and experience in accordance with the collective agreement.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and permanent residents will be given priority. Equity is a University of Ottawa policy; men, Aboriginal peoples, members of visible minorities and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application deadline: October 15, 2011 or until the position is filled.
Please send your application by postmail, curriculum vitae and the names of three referees
to the following address:
Dr. Dave Holmes
Director, School of Nursing
Associate Dean, Faculty of Health Sciences
University of Ottawa
451 Smyth Road, Room 3052
Ottawa, Ontario K1H 8M5
|< Prev||Next >|